Express Lines will chronicle the adventures of MotherTrucker & The Rev, a.k.a. Pat & Nick Connavino as, together, they motor across North America, expediting freight for FedEx Custom Critical.
The fuel tanks are full, the parking brake has been released,
the gearshift is in Drive, and the Kenworth is rollin'...........

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our Maiden Voyage


Our adventure began October 23, 2008. We were dispatched to Eighth Day Sound, in Highland Hts., OH. We were loaded with musical sound equipment for The Killers, who, according to our daughter Michelle, are Huge!

Destination/delivery was at The Hammerstein Ballroom, in Manhattan, NY.

We arrived at pickup right on time (expressed by our contact and we scored points with FedEx). While being loaded, we found out that the truck next to us was being loaded with equipment for Madonna.

Heading out of Highland Hts., I took the first leg of driving. Three hours later, my partner,
took over, telling me that I would handle the last leg...meaning I would drive in Manhattan!

We arrived at The Hammerstein Ballroom ahead of delivery time (more points for us with FedEx). The receiving dock was typical Manhattan; narrow streets with vehicles parked on both sides and vehicles double-parked. With the help and guidance of another truck driver, named Jerry, I (The Rev) put our Kenworth right at the curb. Den 'da boyz from Brooklyn off-loaded us in about 10 minutes.

Following delivery, we hung out in Manhattan for awhile, until we arrange to meet our daughter Karen. We had dinner with her and one of her room mates. We ate at Chat' n' Chew, one of our favorite NY eateries.

After dinner, we exchanged hugs and I Love Yous with Karen and headed to our rest stop, in New Jersey, for the night.

That was our Maiden Voyage. It went pretty darn well.

Blog with you soon.

Nick/Nicholas/UncleNick/Neegie/GreatUncleNick/FuncleNick/#13/rcz/The Rev

No comments: