Express Lines will chronicle the adventures of MotherTrucker & The Rev, a.k.a. Pat & Nick Connavino as, together, they motor across North America, expediting freight for FedEx Custom Critical.
The fuel tanks are full, the parking brake has been released,
the gearshift is in Drive, and the Kenworth is rollin'...........

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Off to PA

Hi Everybody,

I'm still tryin' to get caught-up on the blog. Thanks for hangin' in there. The following adventure was what brought us to Pittsburgh, PA. (Prior to The GREAT Stay in PA posting)

Our next trip took us to Philadelphia, PA, and The University of Pennsylvania. Our pickup was at The Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts. We arrived in Philadelphia on a sunny, warm day, about 8:00 a.m. After our previous delivery in Manhattan, NY, driving in Philly was a piece-o-cake.

At the Annenberg Center, we were greeted by a very friendly and helpful gentleman, named Thomas. The freight was equipment for the Inbal Pinto Dance Company, from Israel. Once the freight was loaded, Pat and I had some time before we had to head out for delivery. Thomas allowed us to park the truck in a courtyard area, near the loading dock, and Pat went for a walk....I went to sleep.

Later, Pat and I went walking and grabbed some coffee-for-the-road, got back to the truck, and headed for delivery, at The Byham Theater, in Pittsburgh, PA. But, before leaving I stopped at the backstage restroom. When facing the men's fixture (urinal), I looked down and saw this.......



The text is a bit blurry. It reads, "Please face this direction for highest quality graduate photo."

!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*

Delivery at The Byham Theater was at 12 noon, the following day. We arrived early for delivery (more points with FedEx) and it gave us time to see some sites.





























A view of PNC Park from the 7th Street Bridge.















A sculpture, I named Bridge Man or Girder Guy.



Cool mural on the side of the building.



That's it! Toot-a-loo, Philly...off to Pittsburgh!

Blog atcha' later.




No comments: