It's been a while, but I'm-a-back-ta-bloggin'. Last Friday, we delivered in Elk Grove Village, IL (west of Chicago), with a load we picked up in Middletown, OH (south of Dayton). Following delivery, we got word that we would remain in Elk Grove for layover. That was fine. We like the area, especially because it's busy with freight opportunities. Friday night, we stayed at the Wal-Mart SuperCenter in Crystal Lake, IL, also a very nice area.
Saturday morning, we headed northeast, to a TA TravelCenter, in Russell, IL, near the Wisconsin border. Time to shower!!! For the rest of the day, we hung around the truck. I polished the outside of the sleeper and had several truckers tell me I could take care of their trucks, as well.
Since I like trucks, I'm always looking for photo opportunities. Nearby our truck, was a sweet, older style

with a large sleeper. The driver O.K.'d me to take some photos, which I also emailed to my great nephew, Dominic, who shares my love of trucks. (Enlarge the images by double-clicking them)




Sunday morning, I attended worship service at the Trucker's Lounge. For the sermon, the minister expounded on the parable of The Good Samaritan. It was a good, learning experience.
Following breakfast, we headed to IKEA, in Schaumburg, IL. This was our first visit to an IKEA. WOW! What a place! Pat's brother, Dave, suggested we go. Thanks, Dave...great idea!
We enjoyed our visit, especially the Swedish meatballs and Pyttipanna, a version of Swedish Pyttipanna (hash). Pat commented that it was too bad we couldn't buy a bunch of stuff, put it in the back of the truck, and drive home. Yup, too bad, because we liked a lot of what we saw.
Following IKEA, we headed back to the Crystal Lake Wal-Mart, for the evening. It got pretty-dang cold, and began snowing...but we were warm and toasty in the truck.
That's it for now.
Blog-atcha' soon.
Nick
No comments:
Post a Comment